- Are you a Heavy-Duty Technician with experience in Field Service looking for the next step in your career?
- Do you enjoy working on the road for long periods of time?
- Are you looking for stable, permanent employment?
- Do you want to work for a company that values its employees and treats you like family?
Look no further as Chinook Equipment has the perfect opportunity for you! Chinook Equipment is looking for a Heavy-Duty Field Technician to work out of our location in Leduc, Alberta, and will be dispatched out of our main office in Taber, Alberta. This is a full-time permanent position, with the ability to earn up to $55 per hour depending on the right candidate.
**This position will require the successful candidate to work on the road for potentially many weeks at a time. If you feel this is a good fit for you, apply today! **
Founded almost 40 years ago, C.E.M. Heavy Equipment grew to be one of Canada’s largest Hyundai dealers in North America and have rebranded to Chinook Equipment with addition of new product offerings. Specializing in sales, rentals, service and parts for heavy equipment in Alberta, we are committed to providing outstanding service to our customers. Chinook Equipment is part of the Davis Auto Group, which is proud to be recognized at the Platinum level for Best Employer in Canada.
- Assist with diagnosing any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required in the field
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Maintain and service field truck and keep up to date log books
- Perform other supporting duties as required
- On-call and overnight travel will be required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Field Service is required
- Able to work for long periods on the road
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician
- Cummins training is an asset
- Broad knowledge of on and off-road equipment
- Strong diagnostic skills with both hydraulics and electrical
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team player
- Dedicated to safety
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean abstract
- Requirement to pass a mandatory drug test
Why You Belong at Chinook Equipment:
- Deep community roots, family oriented and friendly workplace which values employees
- A high-end 2018 Peterbilt vehicle to utilize for work.
- Competitive compensation plan and industry leading benefits
- Employer matched RRSPs
- Group-wide employee pricing on vehicles
- Travel Rewards that recognize years of service
- Support from management and other team members to help you succeed
Make the best step in your career and showcase your potential at Chinook Equipment! Visit our website to see all the reasons you will want to work with us.
We do thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.