Are you a Heavy Duty Technician with experience working on agricultural equipment, and are looking for the next step in your career?
Are you looking for stable, permanent employment?
Do you want to work for a family oriented company that has been recognized at the Platinum level for Best Employer in Canada, and where you are treated as a person, not a number?
Look no further as Chinook Equipment has the perfect opportunity for you! Located in Taber, Alberta, Chinook Equipment is looking for an Off-Road Heavy Duty Technician with experience working on agriculture equipment to join their growing team. This is a full-time permanent position, with the ability to earn up to $41 per hour, with a field bonus, depending on the right candidate.
Founded almost 40 years ago, C.E.M. Heavy Equipment grew to be one of Canada’s largest Hyundai dealers in North America, and have recently rebranded to Chinook Equipment, with the addition of offering a full line of agriculture equipment and product offerings.
Specializing in sales, rentals, service and parts for agriculture and heavy equipment in Alberta, we are committed to providing outstanding service to our customers. We are entering an exciting time of growth as we build upon our past success and expand our reach into the agricultural equipment industry.
The successful candidate must be willing to work both in the shop and in the field, and will be responsible for the following:
- Service and repair the engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, and electronic systems of agricultural equipment
- Assist with diagnosing any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Perform other supporting duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Heavy Duty Technician
- Must have 3-4 years of experience working on agricultural equipment
- Experience working on the following brands is considered an asset: Versatile, Vermeer, McCormick, and Trioliet
- Broad knowledge of on and off-road equipment
- Strong diagnostic skills with both hydraulics and electrical
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team player
- Dedicated to safety
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean abstract
- Requirement to pass a mandatory drug test
Why You Belong at Chinook Equipment:
- Deep community roots, family oriented and friendly workplace which values employees
- Tool, phone, and boot allowances
- Competitive compensation plan and industry leading benefits
- Employer matched RRSPs after 1 year of employment
- Group-wide employee pricing on vehicles
- Travel Rewards that recognize years of service
- Support from management and other team members to help you succeed
Make the best step in your career and showcase your potential at Chinook Equipment! Visit our website to see all the reasons you will want to work with us.
We do thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.